The River Towns section of the West Branch Paddle Club (WBPC) gets its name for the many quaint river towns nestled along the banks of the Susquehanna River’s West Branch. In total, this section covers roughly 55 miles of the 228-mile water trail, becoming less remote as it approaches a series of Susquehanna Greenway River Towns including Jersey Shore, Williamsport, Montoursville, Montgomery, and Lewisburg.
River Mile 55.6: Jersey Shore Borough Access
River Mile 0.05: Northumberland Point Municipal Access
Access on this Section
- PFBC Linden Access (RM 45.4)
- DCNR Susquehanna State Park Access (RM 42.1)
- PFBC Greevy Access (RM 37.3)
- Montoursville Municipal Access (RM 35.3)
- Muncy Heritage Park Access (26.7)
- Montgomery Access (RM 22.8)
- Great Stream Commons Access (RM 18.6)
- Watsontown Borough Access (RM 15.9)
- PFBC Watsontown Access (RM 15.6)
- DCNR Milton State Park Access (RM 11.4)
- Lewisburg Landing (RM 7.3)
- PFBC Chillisquaque Access (RM 5.8)
- Pineknotter Point (RM 1)
- Tiadaghton State Forest: 570-753-5409 | Learn More.
- For more information on overnight stays along this segment, please contact the Lycoming County Visitors Bureau (for Lycoming County) or the Susquehanna River Valley Visitors Bureau (for Union, Snyder, & Northumberland Counties)
Hepburn Street low-head dam (RM 39.8): Must exit River Left 400 feet upstream of Hepburn Street Dam. Follow the River Walk for a 0.2-mile portage. Put-in 100 feet below dam at the gate. This low-head dam was constructed in 1984-1986 for recreation purposes, replacing a wooden timber dam. Fish ladder added in the 1990s.