The Hyner section of the West Branch Paddle Club (WBPC) takes its name from the hang gliders that are often seen overhead where the Susquehanna River West Branch wanders past Hyner View State Park. In total, this section covers roughly 43 miles of the 228-mile water trail, passing through scenic woodlands and the Susquehanna Greenway River Towns of Renovo and Lock Haven, ending in Jersey Shore. Some points of interest along this section of the water trail include Hyner View State Park, remnants of the Lock Haven boom, and Great Island, the former location of three Munsee Indian villages.
River Mile 97.8 or 97.3: Renovo 5th Street Access (RM 97.8) or PA State Flaming Foliage Access (RM 97.3)
River Mile 55.6: Jersey Shore Borough Access
Access on this Section
- PA State Flaming Foliage Access (RM 97.3)
- PFBC North Bend Access (RM 94.5)
- PFBC Hyner Access (RM 90.8)
- DCNR Bureau of Forestry Baker Run Canoe Launch (RM 83.5)
- Lock Haven Municipal Access (RM 69.9)
- Lock Haven Memorial Park Access (RM 69)
- PFBC Pine Access (RM 61.9)
- A camping permit is required within Sproul State Forest and can be obtained by contacting their District Office at 570-923-6011. Learn More.
- Hyner Run State Park: 570-923-6000 | Learn More.
- Bald Eagle State Forest: 570-922-3344 | Learn More.
- For more information on overnight stays along this segment, please contact the Clinton County Economic Partnership.
Grant Street low-head dam (RM 69.8)