West Branch Paddle Club Segment Paddles
The West Branch Paddle Club, or WBPC, is a program that invites paddlers of varying abilities and interests to explore the Susquehanna River Water Trail – West Branch. In all 288 miles, the trail is split into four individual sections based on mileage and available river access sites:
You may paddle one or more of the sections to be recognized as a Segment Paddler of the WBPC. Segment Paddlers will receive a commemorative token with the completion of each section, as well as a final specialty memento with the completion of all 228 miles of the Water Trail.
Anyone working towards a segment must first become a member before receiving their status and rewards as a Segment Paddler. Once a segment has been achieved you may report your segment. Upon successful review, you will be recognized for your accomplishment as a Segment Paddler on our website, in our newsletter, and will be awarded a pin for your completed segment.
How to Become a Segment Paddler: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Become a Member of the West Branch Paddle Club.
- Paddle a Segment. (NOTE: Extensive planning is required for each segment. You may explore information about each segment by clicking the links outlined above. SGP is also happy to provide assistance during the planning process by answering questions and providing resources.)
- Report your Segment to Susquehanna Greenway Partnership.
- SGP will review your reported journey.
- Upon successful review, you will be recognized for your accomplishment as a Segment Paddler on our website, in our newsletter, and will be awarded a pin for your completed segment.