The Susquehanna River Walk follows the north and south shores of the river’s West Branch in the Susquehanna Greenway River Town of Williamsport, including two bridge crossings at Market Street and Maynard Street. The route, much of which was built on top of levees, provides an important connection to the river for residents of Williamsport, South Williamsport, and Loyalsock.
The looped section between the two bridges is known as the Timber Trail and offers interpretive signage about the lumber heritage of the region. Lumber-themed public art has also been placed along the trail, including “The Wood Hick,” a life-sized sculpture of a lumber camp worker.
Parking and Trail Access
A parking lot is available on the east end of the trail at Water Tower Square (1000 Commerce Park Drive). Parking can also be found just off of exit 27b for Hepburn Street from Route 220 North, or at the South Williamsport Dog Park.
More Land Trails in Lycoming County
Pine Creek Rail Trail