Become a Member:
Your contribution helps to protect the natural and cultural resources of the Susquehanna Greenway, revitalize river communities and build connected trails, parks, and river access areas. Click here to become a Member.
It is going to take the skills and talents of all sorts of people to establish 500 miles of the Susquehanna Greenway. Whether it’s tackling internet research, attending an event on behalf of the Greenway, or completing administrative tasks, there are many different opportunities to help.
Volunteers are needed to assist us in collecting images throughout the Greenway. Can you capture images of river towns, trails, festivals, and access points near your home stretch of the Greenway? Be our eyes on the ground!
If you have a few hours a week to help us in our office with administrative projects, please consider volunteering.
Volunteers are needed to attend local events and festivals and represent the Greenway. After a brief training session, volunteers may sit with the Greenway information table and distribute informational maps, brochures, and handouts.
“Adopt” a section of the Susquehanna River! Help to plan and participate in river and shoreline cleanups, and work with regional partners to make sure the public can enjoy our miles of water trails. This is a great opportunity for anyone who loves to paddle, as well as fishermen, boaters, and watershed organizations.
Other Ways to Help:
Susquehanna Greenway Partnership (SGP)
Seeking a candidate for the position of Business Administrative Assistant to provide grant administration, bookkeeping services, database management, and program support to the Susquehanna Greenway Partnership (SGP). We are looking for a mission-driven individual, with a strong attention to detail, who is committed to collaboration, team work, innovation, and action and enjoys working in a fast paced environment. The Business Administrative Assistant will play a key role in ensuring accuracy in administration of grants, maintenance of records and bookkeeping. The Business Administrative Assistant will play a key support role to the SGP Executive Director and Board of Directors, and must exhibit a positive and supportive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
• Bookkeeping responsibilities include QuickBooks administration, tracking income and expenses, paying bills, budget administration, cash flow forecasting, tracking billable hours and staff timesheets, generation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Maintain contracts/grants, timelines and deliverables, assist with grant administration.
• Manage SGP records/filing system
• Assist SGP Director with arrangements for meetings and conference calls, preparing and distributing agendas and minutes, etc.
• Manage all organization records related to Board business, including minutes, resolutions, by-laws, board handbooks, position statements, Board Member biographical and contact information, terms of service, skills and interests.
• Assist with website content updates.
• Responsible for management of Constituent Relationship Management Database.
Skills and Qualifications
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree required in business administration, accounting, or related field required.
• Excellent Program and bookkeeping skills with a minimum of two years’ experience working in QuickBooks or non-profit accounting software required.
• Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Willingness to learn new skills and to be open to new ideas and suggestions.
• Positive can-do attitude, flexibility, ability to work well with others and high degree of initiative required.
• Experience with relational donor database systems preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and writing skills.
• Careful attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Impeccable ethical conduct and judgement, and strong decision-making skills.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
• Ability to travel for work within Central Pennsylvania.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time and work in a busy office environment, with other workers in close proximity.
We offer a supportive work environment with competitive benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, and retirement plan.
Submit resume and cover letter stating salary requirements by Friday, July 22nd, to Rose Orner, SEDA-COG, 201 Furnace Road, Lewisburg, PA 17837 (email@example.com)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
There are no openings at this time.