- This event has passed.
This year, communities across the Susquehanna Greenway are celebrating Earth Week, April 16-24 with cleanups, plantings, and other activities! SGP is helping to spread the word on these efforts so that volunteers like you can join in on the fun and give back to our communities. We are so excited to help keep our river towns clean and beautiful! See below for the schedule of events and activities.
NOTE: If your town would like to join in on the efforts or if you would like to join any of the scheduled cleanups as a volunteer, please reach out to Andrew Bechdel at [email protected] SGP can assist with planning and securing cleanup materials such as bags, gloves, and safety vests.
Saturday, April 9th | 9 AM – 12 PM
- Montour Area Recreation Commission (MARC) will be leading cleanups at the Montour Preserve, Hess Recreation Area, Hopewell Park, North Branch Canal Trail, Washingtonville Borough, and North Branch Susquehanna River (river levels permitting). Interested volunteers may sign up here.
April 19th – Apri 22nd
- On Tuesday, April 19th at 10 AM Downtown Lock Haven, Inc. is partnering with The City of Lock Haven to help clean up Main Street, Church Street, & Triangle Park.
- On Wednesday, April 20th at 4 PM Downtown Lock Haven, Inc. is partnering with Lock Haven University to help clean up Glenn Rd.
- On Thursday, April 21st at 10 AM Downtown Lock Haven, Inc. is partnering with The City of Lock Haven to help clean up 3 parks.
- On Friday, April 22nd at 10 AM Downtown Lock Haven, Inc. is partnering with The City of Lock Haven to help clean up the Levee and area around it.
- Click here to sign up as a volunteer.
Thursday, April 21st
- Private cleanup held by Barry Isett & Associates in the Capital Region.
Friday, April 22nd | 4 PM – 8 PM
- Join Citizen’s Climate Lobby for an Earth Day celebration at Rotary Field on Broad St, 4 PM – 8 PM on April 22nd. Tabling groups, food, music, activities, art, and more! Music will be provided by “Nine Degrees of Syncopation” and “DePortoland.” Click here to learn more.
- Susquehanna University is also having a private cleanup led by SGP.
Friday, April 22nd | 1 PM (Rain Date: 4/29)
- Cleanup along the banks of the North Branch on Fort McClure Boulevard; led by the Town of Bloomsburg.
Saturday, April 23rd | 9:30 AM
- The Newberry Community Partnership is leading litter clean up in Newberry. Volunteers are asked to meet at the West End Christian Community Center (901 Diamond St. / the intersection of West Fourth St. and Diamond St.). If interested contact Julie 570-322-6828 or Bob 570-651-0634, or click here for updates.
Saturday, April 23rd | 2 PM
- Cleanup of Montgomery Park and the river bank. Volunteers will meet at the parking lot of Montgomery Park.
Saturday, April 23rd | 1 PM
- The SGP-led cleanup will take place along the Susquehanna River Walk and Timber Trail on the Williamsport side on Saturday, April 23rd, 1-4 PM. Interested volunteers should meet SGP staff at the Water Tower Square trail access at 1:00 PM to check-in. Interested groups should reach out to [email protected] for details.
Lycoming College is also having a private cleanup led by SGP.
Sunday, April 24th | 9:30 AM
- Led by the Susquehanna River Cleanup Committee of Sunbury’s Revitalization, Inc. Meet at Sunbury boat launch near the intersection of 2nd street and Rt.147 in Sunbury. From there, groups will disperse into marked territories. Volunteers will be offered a t-shirt as a thank you. Click here to sign up to be a volunteer.
Sunday, April 24th | 2 PM – 4 PM
- Led by Lewisburg Neighborhoods. Volunteers will meet on South 6th Street (look for the green tent). Cleanup materials will be provided and all ages are welcome. Interested volunteers should email Arden at [email protected]
Athens & Sayre
Sunday, April 24th | 1 PM
- Led by Futurescapes, this cleanup of the Diahoga Trail will take place at 1:00 PM. Meet at the Riverfront Park Boat Launch.
Groups and volunteers interested in participating should contact Andrew Bechdel at [email protected] unless otherwise noted above.