This year, communities across the Susquehanna Greenway are celebrating Earth Week, April 15-23 with cleanups, plantings, and other activities! SGP is helping to spread the word on these efforts so that volunteers like you can join in on the fun and give back to our communities. We are so excited to help keep our river towns clean and beautiful! See below for the schedule of events and activities.
NOTE: If you have a group that would like to join in on the efforts or if you would like to join any of the scheduled cleanups as a volunteer, please reach out to Poppy Breining at [email protected]. SGP can recommend locations, and assist with planning and securing cleanup materials such as bags, gloves, and safety vests.
Saturday, April 22nd | 10 AM – 2 PM
- Led by Clean Earth Solutions, this cleanup will meet at Hallstead Fishing Access. Email [email protected] if interested in volunteering.
Athens & Sayre
Sunday, April 23rd | 1 PM
- Led by Futurescapes, this cleanup of the Diahoga Trail will meet at the Riverfront Park Pavilion.
Thursday, April 27th
- Led by Endless Mountains Heritage Region, the exact time and location of this Susquehanna River Cleanup is TBD.
Thursday, April 21st | 1 PM
- Led by the Town of Bloomsburg, this cleanup will take place at Bloomsburg Park Town, Fort McClure Boulevard parking lot. Individuals interested in volunteering should reach out to Lisa Dooley, [email protected].
Saturday, April 15th | 9 AM – 12 PM
- The Montour Area Recreation Commission (MARC) will be leading cleanups at the Montour Preserve, Hess Recreation Area, Hopewell Park, North Branch Canal Trail, Washingtonville Borough, and North Branch Susquehanna River access sites. Interested volunteers may sign up here.
Thursday, April 21st
- Jersey Shore Borough is leading a cleanup 5:30 – 6:30 PM, meeting at the Gamble Farm Inn.
- Private cleanups held by Bald Birds Brewing Company and Jersey Shore High School Outdoor Club.
April 22nd & 23rd
- On April 22nd, the Buffalo Creek Watershed Alliance is leading a public cleanup along Buffalo Creek; meet along the creek in Buffalo Township.
- On April 23rd, Lewisburg Neighborhoods & UPMC is leading a cleanup 1 PM – 3 PM; meet in Hufnagle Park. Stay up-to-date by following the Facebook Event.
- Downtown Lock Haven is partnering with the City of Lock Haven for a cleanup of the downtown.
Saturday, April 15th | 10 AM – 12 PM
- SGP Staff & Board cleanup at Milton State Park to celebrate the launch of the 2023 Susquehanna Greenway Cleanup Week.
Saturday, April 22nd
- Cleanup of Montgomery Park and the river bank. Volunteers will meet at the parking lot of Montgomery Park.
- Cleanup led by Rich Port Adventure Company
Sunday, April 15th | 10 AM – 2 PM
- Led by AmeriCorps Senior – Union/Snyder Counties; cleanup of Watsontown Park. Individuals interested in volunteering may email Janelle at [email protected].
April 12th & April 22nd
- On April 22nd, 10 AM – 12 PM, the SGP-led cleanup will take place along the Susquehanna River Walk and Timber Trail on the Williamsport side on Saturday. Interested volunteers should meet SGP staff at the Water Tower Square trail access to check-in. Interested groups should reach out to [email protected] for details. (Also a part of the City of Williamsport Spring Cleanup)
- On April 22nd, Lycoming College is also having a private cleanup led by SGP. (Also a part of the City of Williamsport Spring Cleanup)
- On April 22nd, 9:30 AM – 12 PM the Newberry Community Partnership is leading litter clean up in Newberry. Volunteers are asked to meet at the West End Christian Community Center (901 Diamond St. / the intersection of West Fourth St. and Diamond St.). If interested contact Julie 570-322-6828, or click here for updates. (Also a part of the City of Williamsport Spring Cleanup)
- Phamacann is holding a private cleanup on April 12th.
- Earth Day Great Harrisburg Litter Cleanup led by Keep Harrisburg/Dauphin County Beautiful on Saturday, April 22nd, 8 AM – 11 AM.
- Private cleanups held by Schneider Electric, Barry Isett & Associates, and East Pennsboro High School.
April 21st & 22nd
- On Friday, April 21st, Susquehanna University is having a private cleanup led by SGP.
- On Saturday, April 22nd, join Citizen’s Climate Lobby for an Earth Day celebration at East Snyder Park, 10 AM – 2 PM. Tabling groups, food, music, activities, art, and more!
Sunday, April 23rd | 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Led by the Susquehanna River Cleanup Committee of Sunbury’s Revitalization, Inc. Meet at Sunbury boat launch near the intersection of 2nd street and Rt.147 in Sunbury. From there, groups will disperse into marked territories. Volunteers will be offered a t-shirt as a thank you. Click here to sign up to be a volunteer.
Saturday, April 22nd | 9 AM – 11 AM
- Led by Lancaster Conservancy; meeting point at Climbers Run Nature Center (226 Frogtown Road)
Saturday, April 22nd | 9 AM – 11 AM
- Led by Lancaster Conservancy; meeting point at Wizard Ranch Nature Preserve (1060 Accomac Road)
Friday, April 21st | 4:30 PM – 7 PM
- Sahd Metal Recycling’s Earth Day Celebration. Click here to learn more.
Groups and volunteers interested in participating should contact Poppy Breining at [email protected] unless otherwise noted above.