2023 Media & Communications Intern
The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership (SGP) seeks an energetic and creative team player to join our Communications and Outreach team. The intern will work closely with the Director of Communications & Outreach, assisting them with online and editorial content management, social media, videography/photography, and community outreach to raise awareness and inspire action for regional Susquehanna Greenway initiatives and events. This is a great opportunity to support the inner workings of a dynamic nonprofit and expand multiple professional competencies.
Intern will work remotely with weekly staff meetings/calls in the Williamsport and Lewisburg area. Training will be provided. Depending on location, it is possible that these meetings and trainings will be over Zoom.
Dates of Service:
Summer: June 7, 2023 – August 16, 2023. Flexible on start and end date; 10 weeks total.
Flexible work week Monday-Friday. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Some weekend or evening events may be required.
Part-time, paid hourly; this position is also available for course credit pending approval from your institution.
INTERNSHIP SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The 2023 Media and Communications Intern will help drive SGP’s brand and message strategy through all channels. Key responsibilities include:
- Editorial & Copy: Work with the Communications Team to write and edit strategic communications for online and printed newsletters, event promotions, and other written materials as needed.
- Social Media: Assist SGP team in brainstorming and executing marketing campaigns daily for our social media accounts, engage with fans/followers, and monitor our success.
- Outreach and Event Management: Collaborate with SGP team to implement outreach strategies that engage community groups and individuals of the Susquehanna Greenway. Assist SGP with planning and implementing Susquehanna Sojourn, Pop-Up Paddle, and the 12th Annual Photo Contest.
- Community Engagement: Attend tabling events and engage with the public to promote SGP and the outdoor resources of the Susquehanna Greenway.
- Photography & Videography: Assist with the production of high-quality videos celebrating the people and resources within the Susquehanna Greenway. Take high quality photos of assets within the Susquehanna Greenway for use in outreach.
- Administrative: Assist with other administrative duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, English, or related major.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal communications) are required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take initiative, and deliver high quality work.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with photography, videography, social media campaigns, website programming, and/or graphic design a plus.
- Should have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Premiere Pro, and be curious about activities related to outdoor recreation and community revitalization
- At least 18 years of age, be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Valid Drivers license and access to reliable transportation.
Email resume and cover letter to Director of Communications & Outreach, Alana Jajko, at [email protected] by 11:59 PM on March 31, 2023. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. If the position is not filled by April 2023, an extension for applications will be administered.
The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership is an equal-opportunity employer.
ABOUT THE SUSQUEHANNA GREENWAY
The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit. The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership is dedicated to advancing the Susquehanna Greenway, which is a network of land trails, water trails, and communities that runs along the Susquehanna River within Pennsylvania. Our mission is to envision, create, and sustain a greenway along the Susquehanna River, to highlight River Towns, and to enhance the lives of current and future generations. We work towards our mission through the implementation of our three program areas: Trails (both land and water), River Towns, and Education & Outreach.