The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership (SGP) seeks an energetic and creative team player to join our Outreach and Communications Team. The intern will work closely with the Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator, assisting her with online content management, social media, and community outreach to raise awareness and inspire action for regional Susquehanna Greenway initiatives and events. This is a great opportunity to support the inner workings of a dynamic nonprofit and expand multiple professional competencies.
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Dates of Internship: June 5th – August 11, 2017, * Spring semester internships also available*
Compensation: Unpaid, available for course credit
Work Schedule: Flexible work week Mon – Fri. Interns are expected to work up to 25 hours per week, some of which may be completed away from the office. Some weekend events may be required.
Internship Summary & Responsibilities
The Communications Intern will help drive SGP’s brand and message strategy through all channels. Key responsibilities include:
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related major
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take initiative, deliver high quality work, and work independently
- At least 18 years of age, be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Experience with photography, videography, social media campaigns, website programming, and/or graphic design a plus.
Email resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator, Corey BeVier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by April 24, 2017. Susquehanna Greenway Partnership is an equal-opportunity employer.
About the Susquehanna Greenway
The Susquehanna Greenway Partnership is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit. SGP is a leading champion for the Susquehanna River Watershed, Pennsylvania’s most important natural asset and the largest tributary to the Chesapeake Bay. We work to advance public and private efforts to connect people with our natural and cultural resources, and promote a sustainable and healthy environment.